Wednesday, May 25, 2011

IWW Protest Songs


I found a book called "Little Red Song Book" A good number of the songs are written by Joe Hill. The book contains many songs by tons of other artists. One of the songs by Joe Hill is "Joe Hill's Last Will"

Joe Hill's Last Will

 My will is easy to decide, For there is nothing to divide.
My kin don't need to fuss and moan–
"Moss does not cling to a rolling stone.
"My body? Ah, if I could choose,
I would to ashes it reduce,
And let the merry breezes blow
My dust to where some
flower's grow.
Perhaps some fading flower then
Would come to life and bloom again.
This is my last and final will.
Good luck to all of you, Joe Hill


.A Complete list of songs that are included in the song book is at
http://www.sacredchao.net/iww/index.shtml


No comments:

Post a Comment